10.29.2006

Halloween Festivities





Happy Birthday Charlotte!




I spent practically all week looking forward to last night and I was definitely not disappointed. There hasn't been time for much of anything lately -- including writing in my bog, sorry -- so, it was so nice to have one night to dress up and have fun. As you can see in the pics, I went out of my usual cute or sweet costume and dressed up as a dark angel. Thursday Meredith and I went shopping for outfits and ended up @ Lenox Mall. She talked me into a pair of black leather knee-high stilettos, a sexy red halter and a tiny pair of shorts. I topped it off with the cutest pair of back wings and a black halo and finished off the look with dark and glittery looking eye makeup and huge curls. Not to sound conceited but I looked hot! :) I love dressing up!

I think that's one of the things I miss most about not skating or dancing anymore. My mom and I would spend months concepting and creating costumes for my skating routines or choir/theatre productions. I'm watching Skate America right now on ESPN and getting a premier of this season's new costumes an routines. After the free skate, my mom will call and we'll talk about the new outfits and what we would do differently.

I baked a pumpkin cake for Charlotte's birthday and Chrissy and Chrissy made Halloween Jello shots for the pre-party at Adrian and Kevin's place. Saturday, Meredith and I got ready at my place before cautiously making our way down the hill to the boy's place (Stilettos, downhill, with a cake in hand -- think about it).

The real party was later at Blake's house, packed with PC people. It was a blast to see what everyone turned out dressed as. Five upper-quarter guys al dressed in full green sweatsuits and said they were each a finger of the incredible hulk. Funny! We left from there to Moondocks (I think), where we took full advantage of the time change and danced on the stage until we all started coughing from either too much fog from the fog machine or someone sprayed pepper spray. Not fun- I couldn't breath.

I am thoroughly enjoying Skate America men's free program right now! Evan Lysacek is my new favorite skater! Tall, dark, handsome and straight!!! Not your typical figure skater!I predict he'll win World's this year. :)

3 comments:

mer said...

Girly- You did look super hot last night!!!! Especially your eyes!!!!! I am so happy you decided to dress more like me for a change. I think it definitely paid off- practically every man you passed by whistled something risqué at you. You loved it. Looks like our little Texan is growing up:) LOVES!!!!!!

Becca said...

Mom- I tried calling you but you didn't answer and I was trying to study. Sorry! You missed Katy Taylor but she didn't look her usual bubbly confident self. Love you!

Joe said...

I second Meredith's hotness vote. You looked awesome! This is Joe by the way, and I FINALLY found this infamous blog you've been telling us about, haha. Dude, we should all get together one weekend and hit up an ice skating rink! How effin fun/hilarious would that be?? We'll organize it, and get it goin ;) See ya soon! OH! and for more halloween pics: www.flickr.com/photos/okiboi

~Joe
PS the smoke @ Moon dawgs?? WTF?? That was ridiculous, I almost died up there on that damn platform.