10.10.2006

Sleep-deprived

My personal clock is so screwed up at this point I've only taked a short nap and I feel like I'm ready for the new day. I feel like running or pilates Shelby's personal clock is more confused than mine. While I was working on my design assignments last night and into this morning she couldn't have been more of a distraction, constantly meowing and jumping up on my desk to get in from o my face. She's doing it again tonight; she just brought me her toy. She's sitting in my lap as I write this -- quiet for the first time in an hour.

My Yup'ik penguin designs were not appreciated. Sylvia said most of them didn't really look Yup'ik. Hmm. As I've already mentioned, my drawing skills lack and apparently so do my pictures. Sylvia and students in the class said they looked to cartoon-ish and sweet and not Yup'ik. They weren't all criticized, a couple people pointed out one or two that they liked. The only actual constructive criticism I received I honestly didn't understand, so we'll see how this next assignment goes. Looks like I have a lot of work to do!

I was asleep for the first time in over 2 days just now when Meredith called. We got to talking about dating games that everyone plays and why guys say and do the things they do. She tried to address my question at the end of my last post, but I'm really trying to not care anymore. I'm glad I'm here single in Atlanta.

It's been six months since I officially decided to come to Portfolio Center and I'm so glad I did. It's weird to think how different my life would be right now if I hadn't stopped to decided exactly what I wanted. It's crazy to think I could be married right now had I not stepped back and reevaluated things this past April. It was the hardest decision of my life but I feel great knowing I made the right one. He's better off now too and I am very happy for him. (Different guy than the one I talked about in the last blog if that's confusing) I'm more excited about this PC experience every day!

I'm off to bed...Finally!

No comments: