10.04.2006

It's so comfy, but I woun't have time to sit on it!


Before I even begin to discuss the drama that was today, I'll explain a little about what I thought was important last week. Here I was, just moved to Atlanta, ready to furnish my apartment. I knew what I had in mind and it took me a week to find it here. I sat on every sofa in this city and nothing compared to this beauty- at least not in my price range. But, It was out of stock and they told me I'd have to wait until the 4th! I didn't want to wait until after classes started to enjoy my fabulous sofa- but of course I did (after three more days of trudging through furnature stores again I gave in and bought it). They finally delivered it today! Maybe I'll find some time to enjoy it.

That's ok, my Core workout ball which serves as my desk chair is just as comfy. ;) Today my ten classmates from Sylvia's class and I got together to embark on the journey which will be that class. It seemed like a simple assignment, but no. Put eight designers and three copywriters together to create a value scale using 1" squares of black and whie type from magazines and you have entertainment. At least, that's what we were for the other students in the quad that have been through this class and probably enjoy watching the next class struggle with the same issues.
I think the real reason she assigned this project is to get us all working together and learning about eachother. We are going to be working with the same people for two years. This was an interesting and potentially valuable opportunity for us to understand how we work as individuals and with eachoher- or not in some casses. It's always interesting to me to see how personalities and personal values and beliefs show through when working in this kind of a group.

I spent another part of the day working on my individual portion of Sylvia's assignment. I monopolized the penguin collection in the children's section at Fulton County Library and compiled my list of 100 facts about penguins. Emperor penguins to be exact. I've loved penguins since I was a baby. My Papa had a stuffed penguin in his study and I would always find it first thing when I went to his house. Mimi, my grandmother, gave it to me after he passed away and I brought it with me to Atlanta. So, moral of the story- if you are ever on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire," and you're stumped on a question about penguins- I'm your girl!

No comments: