10.08.2006

First quarter party and wall hanging chaos












Bottom pic: America Idol judges: Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell

Although the promise of free beer was not kept; our first quarter party proved to be worth while. we arrived at Octane Coffee as "The Copywriters (minus Adrian who ditched us for design people)." The majority of Portfolio Center people were mingling outside in the patio area. The night started with a slight separation between 2nd quarters and 1st quarters but toward the one o'clock hour everyone seemed to be interacting and enjoying eachother.

I understand that most of what we have to talk about at this point is class, but I was ready to scream if another person said "Sylvia's class!" I mean really, why not learn something else about the people we're spending the next two years with than their animal and their tribe!!! I really didn't want to think about my design alphabet and how it really wasn't coming along as swiftly as I hoped.

I'm still working on it. This is my break so I'm trying to make it the best. I'm taking advance of my wireless internet and writing this from my balcony. I just saw Adrian and his roommate Kevin walking by on the sidewalk. Kevin looks like Harry from Sex in the City -- you know, the bald guy who married Charlotte. I told him that today and I'm afraid it offended him. It's really just the bald head and the grin. They shouted from the other side of the street that they were going to get food and asked if I wanted anything but I can't take an actual break right now, I'm too far behind. (Especially if I want to finish my design alphabet in time to sketch penguins while watching Desperate Housewives!)

Back to last night, a good group of us stayed until they kicked us out of the parking lot around 2:30. Tyrese and Chrissy got another ride back to Colonial Homes to work on their project for you-know-who's class. I'm usually the type that would be stressed about this by now too but I am remarkable calm. I'm also procrastinating with every word I add to this blog!

The title says it all about this morning. I don't like to criticize but it really was chaos. Not much organization went into planning the this morning. I figured since this goes on every quarter we'd be given our tasks and we would be able to finish them quickly, but no. It was more like standing around for thirty minutes after 9 until people decided to show and then too many people were there and not enough tasks were assigned. I really am the cruise director that Tanya labeled me in class the other day. It's just in my nature to do things efficiently.

My actual drama of the day just occurred while writing this. I'll spare the long story and the details, but what does, "It'd be good to get some separation time in" mean. Wow, why say you're going to still be friends with someone that supposedly you aren't dating anymore only because of distance and say that. I don't know what to think. I guess the only thing to do is forget about him.

No comments: