10.11.2006

Storms and Signs


I lOVE storms! I like rain but I love it when the sky opens up and just pours. A raging storm with lots of lightning and wind is so exhilarating and passionate Afterwards, when the rain dies down there's such a calmness to everything. I'm happy I have a big enough balcony now that I can sit outside and enjoy or leave the doors open and just listen.

Today a group of us got together to work on our typography projects. Chrissy, Adrian, Kevin, Meredith, Ben (he's a design student and the one I captioned as Simon a few days ago) and I piled in my Nissan Xterra -- and I do mean piled. There were six of us so Adrian and I sat in the back section. Luckily, Ben was a great driver so we had no worries. Ben, Chrissy and I are all in one class with Melissa and the others have a different instructor, so our projects vary somewhat but we all have to take pictures of all the letters of the alphabet and numbers 1-9 from signs and whatever else around Atlanta.

I think it's funny how all of us were armed with our cameras all day but no one took any pics of us as a group. I got some great shots for my project though.

At three, Ben left to go work on Sylvia's stuff and the rest of us went to The Loop. It's nice pizza place on Peachtree and... yeah, I have no idea. We were waiting for our pizza to come out when Kevin said "woah." I looked to see what was in his line of site and saw a story on CNN. A plane crashed into a residential building in Manhattan. Of course the first thing everyone thinks is terrorism but so far they are saying that it was just an accident. The plane belonged to a pitcher from the Yankees. That's all I've heard at this point.

In my car, Kevin found my "Wicked- Origional Broadway Cast" CD and I was so happy to hear that he loved it. I haven't gotten to see it yet but I love the music. We put in on and sang along to my favorites, "Defying Gravity," and "As Long As Your Mine." :) Good Times.

No comments: