11.24.2006

A Happy Thanksgiving






After my last post, I was feeling sad about missing out on all our fun family Thanksgiving stuff. Chrissy and I were stressing about projects and we had almost decided to eiher just go out to eat or order pizza. I couldn't let that happen. I took it upon myself to fix the whole thing. Honestly, I blew myself away. I didn't think I could cook all that by myself. The guys were commenting on what a great wife I'd be. HAHA Ok, usually, I'd be like "What? My future husband is doing all the cooking," but, really, I enjoyed it. I surprise myself! I really like playing hostess. I would make a great senator's wife or first lady.

Here was the menu:
Turkey
Ham
Stuffing
Asparagus Casserole
My dad's special jello/coke/banana stuff
Mashed potatoes
Rolls
My mom's cranberry/rum slush
Pumkin pie/ whipped topping and ice cream
Double layer spice cake





Too much cake and pumkin pie for Ben.


I'm amazing! I didn't even burn anything!!! Good thing I went overboard; my small dinner turned into 8 people- 5 of which were guys. I actually have leftovers. Today was great. It was so nice to sit around the table with friends and say grace. I really have so much to be thankful for. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sure you can link my blog to yours... whatever that is. I'm still really new at this. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. It looks like you made quite a feast. You need to come back and visit us in Lubbock again soon!

kuh reel yuh said...

look at you, ms. susie homemaker! haha ... too bad i missed it, looks like everything turned out great. :*)

Tania Rochelle said...

Congratulations! At 43, I've still never pulled off a successful T-Giving dinner.

chrissy said...

I look as pale as your doorman, thats scary. It was delicious and I had a lot of fun.