11.03.2006

Dating Analysis

Why do we -- as women -- analyze everything in relationships? That's mostly what "Sex In the City" is about. Carrie makes her living doing it. Obviously it doesn't get her far, she's single after 6 seasons of dating just about every guy in New York.
I'm trying to be over this analyzing thing. What's the point? I can talk to my girlfriends about our relationship issues for hours, but in the end, there's never really a conclusion. The one with the issue usually ends up more confused than they were before. Sometimes I think I overanalyze; sometimes I wish I had analyzed more.
I just looked at Facebook and out of the blue my ex of 3.5 yrs is now listed as "in a relationship." I'm happy for him but it's weird to think of him with someone else. I broke things off -- and I'm glad I did -- but weird. You'd have to know him to understand that. Part of the reason I realized we weren't' right for eachother is because he's kinda anti-social, to the point where getting him to come out with me and my friends was like pulling teeth. He's a really great guy in a lot of ways, but when I met someone that was pretty much his opposite -- fun, outgoing, life-of-the-party type -- I was totally drawn to him and we dated from the day after I broke up with Mike to pretty much the summer. We never officially announced it on Facebook though! Unlike Mike and this new girl, we kept both our relationship status' to "single." It's so funny how Facebook has now become such a part of the college life, from meeting people and talking through messages to keeping in touch, to announcing to everyone that you're in a relationship. Ok so it sounds like I'm stuck on this, but really I'm just illustrating my point that girls spend way too much time and effort analyzing relationships too much, from before they really start to long after they have ended. What a waste.
I vow to not -- ok -- to TRY to not analyze (too much) anymore. :)

Did I mention that another ex of mine is moving to Georgia?... Just trying to keep this blog interesting!
Hope y'all enjoyed my ramblings!

EEEWWWwwwww, I'm totally admitting that I'm nosy, but this girl wrote the grossest thing on her wall about my ex mike bc his last name is Sampler: "By the way, the sampler is finger-lickin good!" EEEEwwwwww!!!!!!! That is so NOT RIGHT! Yuck! Oh well, good luck to them with that, ewwwwwwww!

No comments: