8.28.2007

They should bring back the talent competition

(Sorry, I have to remove this video until I find out why it's messed up my format)

When I heard about this, I felt sorry for her. Then I watched the clip. It was a strange question to begin with, but her answer wasn't even coherent. I've had friends in the Miss Teen USA Pageant and I know they are more intelligent than her, so how did she get to the final five?

The "USA" pageants are going downhill and this is just another example. May I remind you of the numerous scandals in the past year.

I blame it on not having a talent competition. That's why I stopped watching. It takes a more focused person to work on a talent and prepare it for a national performance. Otherwise these girls are just being judged on their "fitness level" because it's obvious the pre-interviews haven't screened for intelligence.

Poor thing. Maybe her mom should stop taking her out of school for pageant stuff.

6 comments:

Tracie Mae said...

I normally don't get embarrassed for other people but that was horrific. All I can say is she'll definitely be needing a scholarship for college. Hope she has some previous pageant winnings saved up.

ktothefe said...

She'll probably need to blow someone to just to get into college! What an idiot!

Anonymous said...

This truly is sad. I love how she just started rattling off countries like that was supposed to make her sound better.

Unknown said...

Seems as if any answer beyond "I want world peace" was beyond her. Becca, now do you understand why I wouldn't take you out of school to be in pageants!

Unknown said...

PS - I do agree that the quality of the entrants definitely dropped without the talent contest.

mer said...

Our county is so focused on beauty, she wont ever have to think for herself. Her talent is being beautful and she'll make a successful career out of it. Sad. I hate superficial people