8.08.2007

Dream Diary

I have incredibly random dreams. Almost every night, I have at least two bizarre dreams that I can vaguely remember and if I hit the snooze button, there are usually more – especially lately. In the past three nights I’ve probably had 12 strange dreams. The night before last I had three nightmares involving sharks(I’m not typically afraid of them) and woke up scared but now I can’t remember any details. So, I’m gonna try waking up and blogging about my dreams right away before I forget everything. This should be entertaining if nothing else. Maybe some of y’all will have some input as to what they mean…

The dream I remember, before Andy called to wake me up the first time, was about InDesign class. Yes, I had that class last night and it went on for the full five hours. I’m really enjoying that class and learning so much, but reliving it in my dreams is a little much. There were two sections. In the first, it was sort of class as usual, except we were working in a much cooler lab with colored walls, ergonomically correct chairs, track lighting, etc. (I never dream about actually being in PC).
In the second section, Belfi, our instructor, wanted us to bring in a stack of some of our old T-shirts. My stack had four shirts, all very similar, all very nerdy, all from this ice skating show called Stars on Ice that my mom and I went to every year. I would always get a T-shirt, even though they never had them in my size so they were always way too big. I know I kept them at home, in a huge bin filled with all my shirts from school organizations, All-State choir, pep squad, drill team, etc. My mom said she was planning to make a quilt or something from them one day. Eek. Anyway, I put one of the shirts on and it immediately changed from white to bright red (I almost always dream in color) and Beli started saying what a great piece it was, like it was a work of art or something. Completely random, I have no idea what that means.

My next dream makes a little more sense given that I’ve been wanting to go ice skating lately. If I haven’t mentioned on here before, I used to skate competitively for over five years. I miss it. Anyway, I dreamed I was going up to Canada to visit my friends to celebrate Big Foot Day. These are friends from Lubbock, TX, (Lizzie, Alissa, Josh, Blake, Craig, James (all from the church choir I was a part of while I was at school there). I just made arrangements to fly there and see them all for Alissa and Craig’s wedding this month, so I guess they were on my mind. Lizzie is from Canada, so maybe that explains the reason I was going up there, but Big Foot Day? Random.
I arrived in Canada and went straight from the airport, walking with my luggage in the snow, to some sort of dance and ice skating clinic. We did tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical and then changed into our ice skates and skated for a while. Blake and Josh were always dancers in the shows we did at church with me so they were there dancing too, but then Lizzie showed up for the ice skating portion and was telling me all about Big Foot Day and how much they were all looking forward to it. Then we were sitting around the dance studio, taking off our skates and the instructor came up to me and said she gave me a 6.5 for skating and asked me if I was out of practice. The power went out. And I woke up.

So there you have it, two of my random dreams. At least I dream in themes.

7 comments:

Some Guy said...

I hardly ever remember my dreams.

mer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mer said...

I have a new blog
Make a note
http://www.merinthecity.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

So does this mean I can throw out the tshirts?

Ty said...

Yeah, those dreams are random, but it's interesting how life never really stops even when you asleep.

Jaime said...

i would hate to have to relive class in my dreams....i get enough of that during the day ; )

Nathaniel said...

I too have odd and random dreams. Yours don't seem very random to me however. Had a class, dreamed of that class. Wanted to skate, dreamed of skating. I do hate those dreams where you go to school or work. I suppose if you enjoy the class it's not as bad... but still... that's rough.