7.28.2007

Let me rant for a moment:



Why can't chargers and USB cords be universal? I'm so sick of having to keep up with two or more freaking cords for every electronic device I own.
I have a cell phone charger,
a cell phone USB(but apparently I don't need that because I have bluetooth),
a bluetooth headset charger,
a camera battery charger,
a camera USB, a video camera charger,
a video camera connector to the TV,
a video camera USB connector,
an ipod charger,
an Ipod USB connector,
and my MacBook Pro charger(which they sell for $80.)

I don't even consider myself that high tech, these are just the things I had to take with me on the trip. Somehow, I came back with one that I have no idea what it goes to and missing the one for my video camera, because apparently none of the three cords I can find for that are what I need to load the movies I took from the trip. AAah. They make such a huge profit off all these stupid cords, because people have more important things to worry about than keeping track of 15 chagers and after wasting time looking for the right one, they go out and buy a new one. The old one will eventually turn up, but the company has already made extra profit for making things difficult.

I had to plea a similiar argument when my last cell was broken. Under the insurance, they had to replace my phone, but thy couldn't replace it with a phone of the similiar line, nope. It had to be a totally different phone with totally different chargers that I had to buy seperately. Luckily my Marine brother convinced them to include the chargers and they gave me a phone that was at least equivalent to the one I had, but that's another story. ;)

I'm off to look for that freaking video camera USB charger. Stay tuned for video from Glacier Bay and the women who nearly made all of us jump ship just to avoid having to hear any more of her lecture.

7 comments:

Some Guy said...

I can't wait until I can just put one plug into my pacemaker to run everything, and keep on going.

Jaime said...

arrrghh, when i was moving this week, i packed an entire box of cords. i don't know what HALF of them went to....sigh...

Tracie Mae said...

The cord you need to load movies from a video camera doesn't come with your camera. You have to buy it separate. I think it's called an 1394 FireWire or some junk. At least that's what I had to do.

Good luck.

Becca said...

I did buy it seperate. (I even got overcharged at the sony store...) But, I can't find it anywhere :( Looks like I'll be buying another bc the clip i wanna put on here is hilarious

mer said...

T= 7 days till Becca does her data blitz. You need to hurry up and find that video camera USB charger so we video tape your performance:)

Becca said...

I don't have to do it till the 16th! Help me come up w an idea!

Anonymous said...

Im really shocked that no one has invented one of those yet! It can't be that hard!