7.16.2007

25 Knots to Alaska

Sitting on the deck of the Norwegian Pearl, traveling 25 knots to Alaska, I'm in heaven — or at least on my way there. My dad always wanted to go to Alaska and had been planning to as soon as he got better. It's been three months since he passed away and I realize now, more than ever, how important it is to not put things off. Carpe Diem.

In that spirit, my mom and I jumped at the last-minute chance to accompany Andy and his family and church on this trip. There were two cancellations last week. After debate and careful consideration, we decided we couldn't turn the offer down. This is for dad. I, more than anyone else in the family, shared his love of mountains, snow and cold. That's my heaven and I know he's looking down and enjoying the same view as me right now.

I'd like to make a shout out: *Thanks to wireless internet ($.75 per minute) for making this cruise possible for me! Without you, I'd be sitting in PC with no AC, blogging about blogging and missing out the chance of a lifetime. :) With you, I can get all my work done and have fun, too!

2 comments:

T. Budnik said...

Yesss! You're going to Alaska. Best state I know of. I hope you get to see Anchorage--which is a little south of the town I grew up in.

What a great way to honor your dad.

-T.

Ty said...

I'm glad you are having a great time! See ya when you get back.