4.10.2007

Say a prayer...

My Dad is having liver transplant surgery as I write this. He's been on the list for over four years, and finally got a call this moning that they had a match. He's been under for about ten hours a this point and all I know is that due to his previous surgeries, things are complicated. So, please say a prayer. Andy and Chrissy are here with me. We've been watching "The Bachelor" and my new favorite movie, "The Holiday." I'm so lucky to have such a great guy and friends that are here for me to distract and think good thoughts.

It seems silly to me that I'm here working on an "art object" – a shirt with huge wings that is supposed to tell the story of who I am right now – while my family is in Houston waiting at the hospital.

To blog about anything else, I had a nice Easter this weekend with Andy and his family. This was the first Easter that I haven't worn a new dress because it was 30 degrees outside. I had the cutest one picked out too, but I'll have to save it. Andy's mom is so sweet. She made me an Easter basket and for my birthday, baked my favorite kind of cake and got me the cutest outfit from Banana Republic! I think his parents like me ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Prayers for your dad and family. Transplants are very involved but you'll be amazed at the difference in him after the procedure!

Peace...

Buck
Liver Transplant Survivor, 1/28/07
www.gotliver.com