12.20.2006

Long time, no blog...




Me, my cousin Kristi and my bro John in LA, California!

So, I haven't blogging in forever... I'm on the plane, on the way to LA and so incredibly bored. I even stayed up till 5 this morning hoping I would just sleep through most of the flight. didn't work. I slept just long enough to miss the first snack/meal thing. I'll take this opportunity to update those of you I haven't spoken to since critique.

I finished everything! That's a feat in and of itself. I was very proud of everything I presented for typography and design aesthetics. My critique panel said they were very impressed -- especially with the Yu'pik dollhouse and magnetic dress-up penguins. I'll have to add those pics to this blog too. I could tell they weren't particularly impressed with any of my writing. I know I have a lot to work on in the creative writing arena. I pretty much knew what they would say before they did. Hopefully next quarter I can focus more on writing. It would be great to actually do some advertising writing! Copywriting is what I signed up for after all.

So, critique came and went. A lot of buildup for nothing, if you ask me. I know it's more about the finished product, but I was expecting a bigger deal. Not sure what exactly, just more comments maybe? In the days after critique I was a slug. I cleaned my place of course -- finally! Oh that reminds me, I forgot to take pics of the place for the fam to see. Oh well. I deserved a couple days to be totally lazy. I didn't make my long-awaited massage/ mani/pedi appointments in time so I still have that to look forward to in Los Angeles! And, who knows, I may come back with a completely different hair color, too! Depends on what Aunt C's fabulous stylist recommends.

I got teary-eyed as I left my apartment today. I had to leave Shelby. Mer is gonna look in on her, but I feel like I left my child home alone! Dramatic, I know, but she's my baby.

This is lame, instead of showing a new movie or something remotely entertaining, they are showing Scrooge with bill Murray. Thanks, Delta. (And, the creepy guy next to me is staring at every word I write -- finally he got up for a second so I could write that. :)

So, Happy Break to everyone for now, I hope you all got to your destinations safely! Tyrese- have a great time on that cruise! I'll be expecting lots of good pictures objectifying men, k! I'll keep in touch better from now on :)

No comments: